Review of the Conference European Green Premises (EGP 2022)
more than 100 participants
20 business representatives
12 initiatives and projects linked
22 inspiring presentations
At the final conference of the LIFE-BooGI-BOP project in Wiesbaden on September 14-15, more than 100 participants were able to see for themselves that there are viable solutions for biodiversity-enhancing, climate change-adapted commercial sites - and that too in the different countries and climate zones of Europe. With the different approaches of the presented best-practice companies from Slovakia, Germany, Austria and Spain, the participants could get inspired by different strategies.
In order to provide a contact point for interested companies also after the end of the project, the first national focal points in Spain, Austria and Germany were created and presented. With the monitoring system and the certification system currently under development, further instruments were created to mainstream the topic.
- Austria: Grün statt Grau
- Germany: DGNB
- Spain: Alliance For Green Infrastructure
Presentation of the Tools:
- Certification System for BOP (DGNB and LCF)
- European wide Monitoring System for BOP (UPM)
BOP is not a one-size-fits-all solution. The following companies presented their approaches and strategies.
- IKEA Industry
- Urban Castilla La Mancha
- German Railway
- GIZ (German Agency for International Cooperation)
- SOKA BAU
We are no lone fighters! The conference strengthened the exchange between other projects and initiatives promoting and mainstreaming biodiversity-oriented premises. Get to know other projects, different approaches, and valuable experts in that area:
- Bundesverband GebäudeGrün e.V.
- Heinz Sielmann Stiftung
- Projekt Faktor Grün (Wissenschaftsladen Bonn)
- Umweltzentrum Hannover e.V.
- UnternehmensNatur (NABU and Flächenagentur Baden-Württemberg)
- Climate adaptation in hessian municipalities (Hessian Agency for Nature Conservation, Environment and Geology)
- Biodiversity-oriented premises in the European perspective (CINEA)
- BOP from a landscape architect's perspective (Maike van Stiphout)
- BOP as a business case (Germany chamber of commerce)
- International market and capitals approach to biodiversity (Capitals Coalition)
COPYRIGHT ©2019 biodiversity premises